Saturday, January 16, 2010

In Port au Prince!

I am happy to announce that Dr. Gary Morsch and 3 other guys safely arrived at the airport in Port au Prince (PAP) this afternoon. As I type, they are in a helicopter, headed for the Nazarene compound where Heart to Heart is planning to stage the relief efforts. This was an incredibly difficult task, but they successfully made it!

I arrived in Santo Domingo this afternoon and will be operating out of here, managing volunteers that are en route to PAP. We have a team of docs and nurses who will leave early tomorrow morning in a convoy, headed straight for the epicenter. I am hopeful that there won't be any roadblocks along the way... safety seems to be the number one concern.

It's been a long day, and I've got a million things to do. Keep visiting and catching our updates. We can't wait to share the work that will be happening!

Jessie

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying Jessie! Thanks for the updates. I'm reading them all and praying.

    ReplyDelete